The 2021 Application will open at 12:00 midnight on November 1st and will close at 11:59 PM on December 31st.
Application portal may be found here.
|Application Deadline||December 31, 2020|
|Letter of Recommendation Deadline||January 8, 2021|
|Interviews with Candidates (Invitation Only)||January 11-31, 2021|
|Decision Letters (Sent via Email)||February 5, 2021|
|Admitted Students Must Respond||February 19, 2021|
Summer Programming commences May 3, 2021 with the series of online discussions.
Please note: it is too early to determine if ReTOOL 2021 will be online or in-person. Applicants should be prepared for either version of the program.
We are looking for motivated, underrepresented minority students who are interested in a cancer related, biomedical or health science research career from the following institutions: Florida A&M University, Bethune Cookman University, Edward Waters College, the University of Central Florida, Florida International University, and the University of Florida.
For a brief synopsis of the ReTOOL program, please take a look at the About tab.
All applicants are required to complete the following:
- Completed Application Form with Self Assessment
- College Transcript
- Three (3) Letters of Recommendations from professionals (personal recommendations will not be accepted)
- Two writing samples, not to exceed two (2) pages double spaced
- A Statement of Purpose that addresses the student’s interest in the ReTOOL Program and how it will aid in professional development
- A Personal Statement that addresses the student’s professional identity (including but not limited to past experiences in research interest in research/cancer research)